SUPPORTING SELF-TRACKING THROUGH VOICE ASSISTANT CONVERSATIONS - [ONGOING]
- I have conducted co-design activities to explore people's desired conversational interactions for food journaling and for recollection and reflection of eating behavior.
- Based on the co-design sessions, I will develop and deploy conversational journals with Alexa and Google assistant to explore people's perspectives on different conversational styles for food tracking.
SUPPORTING CHILDREN WITH ADHD - [ONGOING]
- Families used an Apple Watch and phone app that promotes children’s self-regulation and self-efficacy with the collaboration of their parents.
- I interviewed families about their experiences with the apps and ideal technology support for managing ADHD, as well as app and wearable log analysis.
- I am leading co-design activities with parents and children on co-visualizing wearable tracking data, mood, responsibilities/to-dos, and others, for family collaboration around wellbeing and self-regulation.
MULTIMODAL FOOD TRACKING - [COMPLETED]
- We explored opportunities for leveraging multimodal and multiple devices for food tracking.
- This was achieved through the deployment of a prototype for Alexa, Google Assistant, smartphones, computer, and Apple Watch.
- We analyzed logs and interviews to investigate people's preferred food description practices, and opportunities for multimodality and multiple devices in food journaling.